We offer tremendous opportunity to grow your career and increase your income. We have excellent teamwork and no office politics. Our company morale is very positive and the work environment is progressive. All team members are appreciated and rewarded for their efforts. We pay for continuing education and licensing. Orion offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, and an employee assistance program. We also offer a 401k plan with employer matching contribution. Our generous PTO schedule provides a quality balance between work and personal life.
The position responsibilities include producing new clients and growing your book of business.
- Meet and exceed annual sales goal as outlined in the Producer sales plan
- Prospect for new business accounts through the following sources; client referrals, networking, associations, and individual telemarketing efforts
- Qualify new business prospects to determine the opportunity to help the client and be hired as broker
- Perform risk analysis survey, obtain quote information, complete applications, obtain markets, coordinate efforts of loss control/other services, and review proposals
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for the most proper coverage options and competitive price
- Present proposals and close sales
- Provide effective leadership to service team to properly service existing clients
- Retain and develop accounts by making risk management recommendations regarding the risk to the client for the most cost effective and proper insurance coverage
- Prepare client for renewals by qualifying and obtaining the underwriting information.
- California Fire and Casualty License
- High school diploma and hopefully bachelor’s degree
- Professional appearance
- Excellent people and teamwork skills
- Great oral and written communication skills